Prima Smooth is a lightweight precision engineered product, designed for use on atmospheric wood burning and multifuel appliances with continuous operating temperatures of up to 600?C.
The joints in the pipe are designed to give a smooth visual appearance and Prima Smooth is available in two surface finishes:-
- Matt 316L grade stainless steel.
- Matt black painted 316L grade stainless steel using a special high temperature resistant paint.
- 316L Grade Stainless Steel
- Attractive appearance
- Available in matt black or steel finish
- Can be painted
- Available in 125, 150, 180?and 200mm internal diameters
- Two surface and two thicknesses available 1mm & 0.6mm
We are confident in our products and so offer you (the owner) a generous guarantee in relation to the ICID system (the System). Provided that you comply in full with Your Responsibilities (below) and subject to the Small Print (below), we guarantee to you that the System will be free from defects for whichever is the greater of:
- a period equal to the guarantee period of the appliance to which the Liner is first connected; or
- 20 years.
For example, if your System is fitted to an appliance with a guarantee period of 10 years, we will still guarantee your System for 20 years.
In the unlikely event that the System becomes defective during the guarantee period, we will provide a like-for-like replacement for free (subject to your compliance with Your Responsibilities and subject to the Small Print). If the same model is no longer available, we will replace it with a suitable alternative.
When we say ‘no quibbles’ we mean it and so the guarantee we offer is a straightforward one; we’ve set out below what is covered and what isn’t by the guarantee as well how to ensure you benefit from it.
Click here to download the full set of responsibilities of the guarantee.
Click here to register your guarantee for this product.
The Prima Smooth range is manufactured under the strict requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 Quality management scheme. Prima Smooth has corrosion certification from TÜV. Prima Smooth is listed by HETAS as a product suitable for solid fuel.
High Temperature Applications
Connecting Flue Pipe
EN1856-2 TÜV 0036 CPR 9195 029
T600 N1 W V2 L50060 GXX NM
T600 N1 W V2 L50100 GXX NM
(XX = 3 x Ø Int. of Pipe)
High Temperature Applications
EN1856-2 TÜV 0036 CPR 9195 033
T600 N1 D V2 L50060 G
T600 N1 D V2 L50100 G
||Wood, solid fuel | With Lip Seal: Gas and oil
||450°C | With Lip Seal: 200°C
|Short Firing Temp
||550°C | With Lip Seal: 250°C
|Mode of Operation
||Zero & negative pressure | With Lip Seal: Positive pressure
||40Pa | With Lip Seal: 200pa
||4 Hour Fire Rating to BS 476 Part 20
|Outer Case (Option)
||Painted matt black
|Outer Case Thickness
||Laser or inert gas welded
||316L : 1.4404 : X2CrNiMo 17-12-2
|Liner Thickness (mm)
||Laser or inert gas welded
||High performance mineral fibre
DimensionsThe dimensions of the flue are:
|Int Ø mm
|Ext Ø mm
ICID Plus is CE Certified to EN1856-1 TÜV 0036 CPR 9195 010 with designations:
ICID Plus is CE Certified to EN1856-2 TÜV 0036 CPR 9195 042 with designations:
System Chimney EN1856-1
T450 N1 W V2 L50050 G60
T450 N1 D V3 L50050 G60
60mm Distance to combustibles in a combustible shaft*
T450 N1 W V2 L50050 G50
T450 N1 D V3 L50050 G50
50mm Distance to combustibles in a non-combustible shaft or in free air*
Zero distance to combustibles*
Connecting Flue Pipe EN1856-2
T450 N1 D V2 L50050 G100 M
- Manufactured under a Quality Management Scheme approved to BS EN ISO 9001
- 4 Hour Fire Rating to BS476 Part 20
- Certified for corrosion resistance on gas, oil and solid fuel by Gastec, MPA and TÜV
- HETAS listed for use on solid fuel applications.
Connection to an appliance which is not connected to the fuel supply, should be carried out by a competent person. We recommend the use of HETAS approved installers for solid fuel applications. If installation is carried out by a non HETAS registered installer, the installation must be certified by a local Building Control inspector. Connection to an appliance that is connected to the fuel supply must be carried out by a Gas Safe (Gas) or OFTEC (Oil) registered installer.
The design guide must be read in conjunction with the detailed component installation instructions. For full design and installation details the key referral documents are:
- BS EN 1856-1: Chimneys – System Chimney Products
- BS EN 1856-2: Connecting Flue Pipes
- BS EN 1859: Metal Chimneys – Testing Methods
- BS EN 1443: Chimneys – General Requirements
- BS EN 15287-1: Chimneys. Design, installation and commissioning of chimneys. Chimneys for non-room sealed heating appliances.
- BS 5440-1: Fluing and ventilation for gas appliances of rated input not exceeding 70kW net (1st,
2nd and 3rd family gases). Specification for installation of gas appliances to chimneys and for maintenance of chimneys.
- Approved Document J: – Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems (England & Wales)
- DFP Technical Booklet L: – Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems (NI)
- Technical Handbook (Domestic & Non Domestic), Section 3 – Environment (Scotland)
- Appliance Installation Instructions and related standards. Other standards covering specific applications will also be relevant and must be adhered to.
Planning permission may be required, and reference should be made to the local Building Control Department.
Ensure all chimney components are available and check them to ensure there has been no damage. Do not use damaged components. Build the chimney up through the previous designed route which should be as straight as possible.
We have various photos of our products available on flickr. Please click here to visit our page, where you will also find images of our HETAS Approved Schiedel Training Academy, as well as examples of our products in Residential and Commercial situations.
We are featured in various online and offline publications, with articles about our products, installation examples and much more, including distributors of our range. Visit our Pinterest page to see more.
Schiedel TV Channel
Visit our YouTube channel, where you fill find a number of useful videos guides and installation instructions, as well as a number of videos showing how are steel products are made within our manufacturing base in the North East of England.